Given the probability distributions for stress and strength, this module will find the probability of failure due to stress-strength interference. Failure is defined as when stress>strength. Uses the exact formula method which is only valid for two Normal Distributions. If you have distributions that are not both Normal Distributions, use the function stress_strength.
- stress (object) – A probability distribution from the Distributions module
- strength (object) – A probability distribution from the Distributions module
- show_plot (bool, optional) – If True the distribution plot will be shown. Default = True.
- print_results (bool, optional) – If True, the results will be printed to console. Default = True.
- warn (bool, optional) – A warning will be issued if the stress.mean > strength.mean as the user may have assigned the distributions to the wrong variables. You can supress this using warn=False. Default = True
probability_of_failure (float) – The probability of failure due to stress-strength interference